Necessary Equipment & Apps
- Functioning computer with a working ethernet port
- High speed internet
- Ethernet cable (WiFi does not have good enough upstream bandwidth for quality streaming)
- Webcam (you can also use your phone as a camera, but that is outside the scope of this article)
- Line in port OR USB audio interface
- OBS Studio (Free Download)
- Deejay equipment
- Cord to connect deejay equipment to functioning computer
How To Setup OBS
This video is a great starter tutorial, with easy-to-follow instructions and solid recommendations for a variety of settings.
There are only a few major settings that we require or highly recommend. Please apply these settings before connecting to perform.
- Stream Key
- Provided by SK
- Video Bitrate
- Audio Bitrate
- Base (Canvas) Resolution
- Output (Scaled) Resolution
- Common FPS Values
If you have issues with your video or audio cutting out, you can lower your Video Bitrate to
You & Your Environment
- Please be standing during your set if you are capable. People enjoy deejays that are up and active!
- Please have a visually pleasing setup.
- Your streamed video will be placed into an event layout and will likely be cropped or filtered in some way. Please do not include a lot of visual clutter such as a visual of the chat or other things that would not be appropriate for being placed inside another layout.
- Please include your logo in your layout if you have one!
- Please adhere to Twitch's Nudity & Attire Policy
- Please have FUN!!! When you're having fun, so are the viewers!